Sunday, June 04, 2006

Gone North

My posting frequency will be going down for a little bit because tomorrow I return to the Great White North. I have a regular arrangement to go to Iqaluit to work on legislative operations when the Nunavut legislature opens. It opens on Tuesday for roughly 2.5 - 3 weeks.

Interestingly, although I haven't quantified it, I believe that their legislature is open a fair bit longer over the course of the year than ours is. They have sessions in the Winter, Summer and Fall while we make do with just two sessions a year generally. Each of their sitting days runs longer too.

That's a lot of talking time for a territory of 27,000 souls or so but then again they have lots of problems to talk about. I'll have to sit down and do a precise count because I'm curious about that.

It's a matter of judgement whether they meet too much or ours meets too little.

I hope I can keep up my posting frequency but you never know how time gets away from one. My personal impressions I'll blog here and the more political/economic impressions I'll blog here.

At least it won't be so cold as last time.

No comments: