Friday, January 12, 2007

National Magazine Awards

Regular readers might remember this post from July called "Caught in the Middle". It was a long piece (6000 words) telling the story and the effects of the collapse of the Hebron project negotiations between the province and the oil companies.

Atlantic Business Magazine commissioned me to research and write it for publication in their July/August 2006 issue. It was a challenge. Once they put it in print, that allowed me to republish it here.

I thought it was ok and apparently some others think so too: I've just been notified that the article has been submitted for a National Magazine Award in the Business writing category.

I'm amazed, surprised and honoured by submission and I thank the good people who thought it sufficiently worthy for inclusion in this prestigious competition.

Over the next few days I'll be reprinting four pieces which Atlantic Business Magazine just published in their January/February year-end cover story.

Stay tuned.

No comments: